Monday, July 12, 2010

A study in black and white . . .

Charlie is the cutest kitten. I fed him one meal on weekdays (while he was being boarded for a short time) because he eats four times a day and lunch service was not available. He learned quickly that the key in the door meant that someone with opposable thumbs was coming. Someone who could handle his small serving-spoon .

The first day, I fed him too much. His stomach looked as if he had swallowed a small baseball, so I scaled back a tad on the amount next time. His dish is small but, still outscale compared with Charlie's size. He places both of his front paws inside the bowl to eat and it is as if someone told him it is okay for cats his age to play with their food.

As a surrogate cat caretaker, I found it fun to be around a kitten like Charlie. Mew was extremely interested in my shoes when I got home. Charlie likes to rub along your shoes in greeting. He's not tall enough for ankles, yet.

Mew knew it all. I didn't get away with anything . . .

4 comments:

ol Doc said...

Charlie sounds 'dorable as can be. And smart, too. Does this mean he's on regular kitten food and not formula now? Is he litter box trained as yet? Won't Mew take to him when she meets him in - uh, kitty-person? She already has his scent and the taller he grows, the taller his scent on your feet will get marked.

Aren't cats just fun to be around!

RANGER said...

Recently, I fed him canned food with ground up dry food sprinkled on as a sort of garnish. If he had held still for even a second, I might have tried to take his picture. It will take a split-second shutter speed to do capture him.

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Ah, never try and hide anything from Mew - Mew sees all.

RANGER said...

Yes, the nose knows.