Monday, July 5, 2010

Down, take cover . . .

We were watching a marathon presentation of The Civil War yesterday evening and had just reached a reenactment of the Battle of Gettysburg. As the battle progressed on the screen, our neighborhood began to chime in with fireworks outside. It sounded as if we were also under attack from all sides.

Mew came flying around the corner and down the hall as fast as she could go - all the while remaining low to the ground to avoid incoming rounds. I am sure she thought she saw tracer fire.

I'm not sure I didn't, too . . .

4 comments:

ol Doc said...

Maybe her cat's sharp hearing heard the order to retreat. Good soldier that she is, she sheathed the razor claws and hied herself to "headquarters" which I"m guessing is in Big Ed's room?

Big Ed said...

That poor cat I'm sure spent all day hidden in the closet. She feels better now. She did the same when the plumber came in the door.

Zeta said...

AAAwwww poor baby. Yes, the boom boom boom sounds startled our cats, too. Charlie slept through the noise. My cats just looked at me "What is wrong with these people and where can we hide!"

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Man, those are some thoughtful neighbors! I wish mine would provide real-life soundtracks to movies I'm watching!