Thursday, June 16, 2011

I almost could not access my account here - because, why? Blogger has decided, or Google has decided, that I must type in, correctly mind you, slanted and distorted gibberish in a language not recognizably my own. Jabberwocky, maybe.

I did not ask for this feature. I do not want this feature. And there is this which was provided by FIU Technology News and Alerts:


Google Images - A Vector for Malware.

We have identified Google Images as a vector for transmitting malware through infected image files. As such, we’ve seen an increase in malware attacks throughout the university.

The Division of Information Technology recommends that you use an alternate source for images. Other sources are Bing and Yahoo! among others.


I had previously received a notice from my Norton Internet Security that it had protected the laptop from an intrusion attempt after I downloaded some images of Morkies from Google. Oops.

Charley's dog is a Maltese/Yorkie cross and she is adorable. Morkie. I just wanted to see more dogs like her and nearly got more than I bargained for.

Thank you, Norton.
Google, not so much.

No comments: