Saturday, December 13, 2008

It was pretty to look at . . .


There is a braised red cabbage dish that was presented by a woman in the Netherlands who is an occasional contributor to The Pioneer Woman's cooking site. She wrote about the love she has for the dish and that she craved it when she was pregnant
.

It did not seem difficult so I tried it today. J said he liked it. He came back for seconds. BigEd and I were not fond of it at all. I can not explain why one third of our number voted yes and the others voted no.

As an experiment, I offered a shred of it to Mew. She is not a Holland-ese and asked (Silently . . . she is a cat, after all.) if I were trying to drive her away from home. J saved the leftover bits. More for him.

I am going to try this one, next. But with chicken stock instead of vodka and using Dreamfields pasta. We'll see . . .



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, there you go! I craved a chocolate Icecream-Cake Roll when pregnant but never had the need for one afterward. Tommy would eat one any time I served it. When it comes to a cabbage dish, red - green - stewed, diced or otherwise, the same rules apply.

Zeta said...

Hum, my vote is the same as Biged's and yours on this one. Its always nice when a person enjoys a second round of food you have prepared.