Monday, August 30, 2010

Watch it . . .

I really need to have coffee first thing. This morning, I had a roast to get going in the crockpot. Actually two of them, a small pork and a small beef to slow cook together with chicken stock, onions, mushrooms, and spices. I almost forgot to add the tapioca which thickens the sauce. Duh.

And then? Then I pulled down my coffee cup, tore open a package of Splenda and dumped the Splenda into the cat's enpty water bowl which I had previously set aside on the counter after washing and drying it with paper towels.

Oops. Dump the Splenda, re-rinse the bowl, dry it, and set aside. Again.

On the second try, the Splenda made it into my cup. I slid the slow cooker aside on the counter and poured the coffee. Delish.

But, I had slid the slow cooker into a pair of rubber gloves which were set out to dry on the countertop. I pulled one glove away from the hot cooker and the second one resisted but finally came unstuck without tearing or leaving residue behind.

After the second cup of coffee, I am sure I will be fine. Unless the sound of the teeming rain sends me to sleep here at the laptop.

Which it may . . .

11 comments:

Big Ed said...

Funny, the cat got the splenda. I'm sure she could smell that it was once there. The nose knows somehow.

The Coupon Goddess said...

Maybe you need a nap. I bet the cat would take one with you! The good thing is that you didn't cook the gloves in the slow cooker with the Splenda. It can always be worse right?

RANGER said...

BigEd, I did wash out her bowl, really I did.

And yes, The gloves would not have gone down well, Coupon Goddess. They are well traveled though. I take a pair with me when I travel, just in case . . .

Zeta said...

So that explains why every morning I struggle with certain the little things. For example, grapping the hair spray thinking its deodorant. Dripping over the cat’s small water bowl. Turning on the coffee pot and forgetting to add water. The coffee pot is equipped with a loud beeping alarm reminding me, water is essential. Taking Marks coffee cup with me to the other side of the house thinking its mine.

Big Ed said...

It is amazing Zeta you haven't sunk the world.

RANGER said...

Zeta comes by her early-morning disability honestly. It is in the genes, straight from Mommas, that I know of.
Mommas stepped back to admire her work while painting a bathroom wall, forgetting that she was up a stepladder at the time . . . she did the same thing while standing on a kitchen counter and hanging drapes. Talk about focus.

ol Doc said...

I guess Sister Suse gets hers honestly then. She blogged about using her purse to wipe out the lovely table-top display at her hairdressers and also the lowest grocery shelf of jellies. Sarah has wiped out on the stairs more than once. Her eldest son also admits to the clumsy gene. And I have found that - if there is a length of chain or an electric cord lying on the ground, I will find it and use it to topple to my knees or else fall flat on the ground. Suse was coming to visit once and as she reached the front door, she heard a huge WHUMP and found me sprawled on the floor in the living room. I'd caught my foot under the phone cord that ran along under the pocket door. Tommy later fixed the cords - if anybody has ever wondered about the duct tape on the rug.

RANGER said...

Egad, we are an amusing bunch. I really did LOL at Suse hearing the whump. How did she get the front door open? I often lock myself out just by going out to your front porch to watch the sun rise in the West. That's an inside joke . . .

Zeta said...

LOL. I guess East is not an option.

Zeta said...

LOL Big Ed. Your right. Not to mention opening the bank vault and shutting right away without taking the money out first. The vault has a twenty-minute timer. Forty-minutes later.....we finally were able to cash the client’s paychecks.

Zeta said...

My cousins arrive by this honestly. LOL