Sunday, April 28, 2013

My name is not Grace . . .


I was in the dining room and putting away the vacuum.  I caught my foot in a loop of cord, I presume, because my right foot would not join the left one, my shoe came off, and I face-planted my right cheek and forehead on the kitchen floor. 

I don't need to use a flashlight because I have the most perfect example of a shiner you ever saw.  Nothing broken except my sense of pride in my ability to walk.  I put on sunglasses and look normal, take them off and look like an alien.  

No paparazzi need apply . . .

3 comments:

ol Doc said...

Oh my goodness. Are you stiff and sore today? I once snagged a foot under the phone wires that run along the pocket door into the kitchen. Susan was pulling iin and had just run the bell. I thought I'd be slick and take a shortcut to the front. Whump! Susan heard me hit the floor from outside on the porch. Nothing broke but I got the giggles in relief - once I found out I could still walk!

I'm buying a Roomba vaccuum cleaner ASAP!

Hope you feel okay.

ol Doc said...

rung the bell. rung rung runnnnggg

RANGER said...

I still have the worst shiner I have ever seen. I actually bounced my head off the floor. Eye is ok inside the rainbow circle.