Friday, May 23, 2008

Mad dogs and Englishmen ...

I had to make a run to the post office and, on the way home, the car got sprinkled with a light rain. Not enough to rinse it off but just enough to turn the ash that had drifted down into a muddy smear.

When I got home (after crawling my way through the two-lane traffic on SW 107 Avenue while it is being repaved) I parked near a
crunchy patch of grass. Those are easy to find, currently. I turned the hose onto the ashy car and rinsed. A lot. Then out of pity, I sprayed the little Hydrangea and J's infant sized Crape Myrtle. In the process, I acquired all the Vitamin D that is needed for a week's health.

I would not have done it at 1:30 p.m. if I had read the digital thermometer first. It was 99.5° in the shade. The car was not in the shade.

It would have been better to wait until next winter, actually ...

3 comments:

Zeta said...

Yes, our grass is crunchy, too. The candles sitting on the picnic table melted out of their class containers and on to the table. Oh, oh.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of candle melt on a table makes one want to place a raw egg on a plate - and leave it out in the sun. Just to see what might happen.

RANGER said...

Here, the iguana would visit it, eat it, and thank you for cracking the shell. No, that would be a raccoon, sorry.