Thursday, July 17, 2008

Looking up . . .

Threats of rain today but we went to the grocery store, anyway. No rain. Overcast. It was ten degrees cooler today, but the humidity might have allowed a venturesome fish to have some beach time. I am ignoring the weather reports and just looking up when I need to go somewhere. I am just a accurate, locally, as the weather person.

Right now, there are three umbrellas on my car's rear seat. Two of them were left inadvertently and one is a permanent resident. There may be another short one waayyyy underneath the front seat as a short one is missing. That would bring the count up to four that I am taking for rides.

I finally remembered to cash the tiny checks from TastyKake at the bank. Collectively they would buy about a gallon and a half of gas. We were given reimbursement for some unopened packages that had developed internal mold. The dates on the packages were in code, which the representative decoded for me. I think we will pass, thanks, in the future. Mold really got my attention.

I do miss them though. The un-moldy ones were delicious . . .


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when your TastyKake goes bad. Almost as depressing as having an ungrateful umbrella lurking behind the front seat when it's raining. It senses your hand groping about for the handle and rolls side to side trying to avoid being caught. How long can an umbrella live in a car! Maybe it's surviving on those hard cold french fries that jump out of the Mickey D's bag.

Zeta said...

Internal color released external cash. Not bad.