Monday, November 17, 2008

In the ooze-time zone . . .

Last night, we had discussed arriving at the auto mechanic's door early this morning. This is an inconvenient time for a car or microwave to opt for service. It is always so; there is never a really convenient time.

But, this morning was especially inconvenient as the ambient temperature was in the low 50's per our digital thermometer. I needed to layer . . . should have laid out the clothing the night before. Decision making is hard when thought processes ooze instead of synapse-ing.

We had agreed, I thought, that Big Ed would leave at 6:15 a.m. and I would follow him a little later. He actually wanted to leave at 6:45 a.m. My bad.

Half an hour one way or the other usually makes little difference. The exception is when it cuts into sleeping time. Thank heaven for coffee.

Our good mechanic said he would call us after he had looked at the car. Big Ed and I traveled over to Mickie D's drive up window before going back home. Egg McMuffins are two for $2 and we are no fools.

Not after we wake up, anyway . . .

4 comments:

Zeta said...

Early risers accomplish more in a single day than a night person does in two days. I'm a night person with early riser issues. Starbucks bails me out every morning. Mickie D's bailed biged out yesterday. Coffee, must find coffee.

RANGER said...

Actually I needed coffee. Big Ed needed a diet coke for the caffeine content. Yess, my precioussss.

Anonymous said...

Instead of a Ring, maybe it was a SSStarbuckssss?

Zeta said...

Did someone write SSStarbuckssss? Sure, I'm so there. Front row parking is available.