Thursday, November 20, 2008

Making preparations for . . .

Today, I have an appointment to have a hairtrim. Why do we use a blow dryer to reset the "do" when we're going to see someone who will re-do it anyway?

It's like vacuuming the house really well before the carpet steamer people come to do it thoroughly. Not very useful, but we do it anyway.

Or, how about brushing the cat an extra long time before she goes to the vet's office for boarding. The first thing they will do is give her a bath. Well, I can see a reason for all that pre-brushing. Who wants to be responsible for embarrassing the cat
?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleaning out your car before taking it to the Auto Detailer?
Cleaning the house before Merry Maids shows up?

RANGER said...

01 Doc - Those are good ones. I have never had a Merry Maid visit me, however. Or even a Disgruntled Maid which is probably all I could afford.

Bluegrass Mama said...

If my hairdresser's lucky I fluff it with my fingers before I go in. Though I swear I'd be happy to pick up before the maid came. If I had one.

Zeta said...

My hairdresser is lucky I show up or even on time. Yes, my arrival is with clean hair, no blow dry, just pony tail. She can do her art work with dryer.

RANGER said...

If I could get my hair into a pony tail, I would. It wouldn't even make a tail for a Bobcat, right now.