Sunday, October 18, 2009

Falling into books . . .

Finally Fall fell. It took its time arriving down here.

I R reading "An Echo in the Bone." Will not be doing much else but wallowing in it. I am trying to make it last a while, but it's difficult, once I get going, to remember to slow down.

o1 Doc, I did finish "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and am waiting for "The Girl Who Played with Fire." Did you know the author had died? And that there is a third book of his that was sent to his publisher but who knows when, or if, it will be released.

I was thinking the girl was mildly autistic but did not tumble to Asperger's Syndrome. "Tattoo" got better and better as I got into it. It is sad that there is only the possibility of three books in this run.

D. Gabaldon had better not *finish* before her series does. There would be some ticked-off readers, no? :p


2 comments:

ol-Doc said...

There are 3 books in the Millenium
Series as they call it... I guess because of Millenium Publishing? The 4th book is the one he was working on when he turned toes up. His girlfriend (never married) was rather taken advantage of by his family and won't get much out of the 3 books but the 4th is on the hard drive of HER computer. She is maybe hiring a fine attorney to fight for that book. It took me a while to get into the Tattoo book but the more you know about Elsbeth Salandar, the better the books get and there are still surprises along the way. I'm not sure they're the greatest books I've ever read but I can't wait for the 3rd to come out. I'm on Echo/Bone, too. I bought it at Wally World. Says I, it's huge. I'll never finish it and will have to renew and renew. So, I own it.

RANGER said...

Yay, someone to discuss the biiiigg book with! I expect to be stronger after lugging it around.


I wonder if possession is considered nine-tenths of the law in Sweden? I read in WIKI (which may be a questionable source) that she has the book but the family owns the copyright.