Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A narrow observation ...

At 8 AM, the digital readout from the outside front thermometer was 49° - and rising. I don't want to know what it was earlier. The wind is beating through the trees and we're supposed to fall into the 30's tonight ↓↓↓ oops.

I can handle this morning's ambience but the slide this afternoon will be a shock to the system. I'd like more ↑
please. But, not too much.

Down here in the semi-tropics, we seem to have a very narrow comfort zone ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, y'all are warm as day old toast, aren't you! Our outside water was set to dripping before full dark and the temperature was just at 32 degrees and is expected to be in the teens on Thursday. Our first day of freezing temperatures was Nov 17th this year. I keep track by writing the temp. on the car windshield ice and taking a picture.

Can you say Happy N-N-new Year without teeth chattering?

Anonymous said...

That is a clever way to keep track. How do you keep the camera from freezing? And how do you hold it still? I'd be shaken, not stirred.

Big Ed said...

I hate these really cold days. I can't wear my usual summer gear. I don't mind it in the fifties but when it is in the thirties, look out.