Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No piano playing, either ...

We just got back from the doctor: a routine checkup. J casually mentioned the pain he has been having off and on in the upper arm and guess what? He's not a hypochondriac! He has tendinitis of the biceps. They gave him a shot (in a location far, far, far away from the arm) which should help.

I asked the nurse who gave him the shot if he should avoid using heavy machinery or driving. "No," she said, "and he doesn't have to avoid heights, either."

Good to know ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds one of Star Wars, in a location far, far away..... Growing older is pure heck, in'it!

Zeta said...

All those years of working on the train may have something to his biceps. Whatever he was pulling or pushing seems to have caught up with him. He should avoid heights that deal with a ladder. I do. Why should your feet leave the solid ground where it is much safer? I wonder if approaching middle age has anything to do with growing older. My patches are small at the moment; however, will grow bigger with time.

Anonymous said...

Zeta is approaching middle-age??? Oh, good grief, what does that make OL DOC!!! Maybe I should start writing it as OLD Doc? 'Cause middle-age and I parted company a while ago....

Anonymous said...

Should I be Patch-Patch-Ranger? Better than Blind-Pew-Ranger ...

Anonymous said...

Mary Martin (dead actress, mother of actor Larry Hagman the star of Dallas & I dream of Jeanie) was quoted as saying, "After 40, it's just patch, patch, patch!" A quote I dearly love and use often.

Zeta said...

In just a few more years I will qualify for AARP discounts.

"The majority of senior hotel discounts out there are for AARP members (you or your spouse must be age 50 or above to join), with 36 national and international hotel chains currently offering discounts of 10 to 50 percent."

The word senior looks like a middle age word to me. Aunt Doc 01, Ranger, and I are all middle age.