Monday, February 11, 2008

Caution, graphic material ...

J and Big Ed were watching the noon news today when I heard sounds from them of awww, awww, that's awful, in dual chorus. The noon news had just shown the clip, in slow motion, of ice hockey goalie Richard Zednik whose throat was injured by the blade of a teammate's skate. The station should have issued a caution that "the following scenes are graphic." They sure were.

I googled the clip and the sounds the announcers were making were very similar to the sounds of J and Big Ed.

Poor guy is going to be all right. But, what a shock for his family ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see it but the LT. here said he did and it was pretty gross with blood spurting and all over the ice and like that there.

:[ I guess I'll pass on the Google search.

Big Ed said...

I can't stand blood. When Ranger came back into the tv room and wanted to watch it I had to leave. I didn't want to see it again. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

I sympathize completely, Big E.

It's an aversion of long standing, I think. I recall a Smaller E. who planned to dress up as Dracula and had to abandon the character when the fake blood was introduced.

Zeta said...

Yes, the news media played the video clip as I was eating my dinner without any loud warning or flash of screen. A big green pop up screen would have helped. WARNING VIDEO IS GRAPHIC.

He is dong much better now, which was great news to hear. :)

Anonymous said...

Funny, other people's blood doesn't affect me, only my own and then it has to be in mass quantities before it does ...