Friday, February 15, 2008

How do you do it?

I am rather ashamed to admit that at my age, I (finally) figured out an easier way to make the bed in the morning. I used to strip off the top covers so I could smooth out the sheets. And sometimes, I admit, I just pulled things back into place. I am not sure exactly how it occurred to me except I was thinking of how beds are sometimes made in hospitals while still occupied by patients. You know: one side and then the other. Flip that around, I thought. Mmm-hm.

Now I begin at the bottom of the bed by folding (tossing really) the comforter and spread toward the top end. Retuck the bottom and top sheets and arrange them nicely as far
up as the tossed spread/comforter. Next I pull down and arrange the spread over the neat bottom of the bed and finally arrange the bottom of the comforter over the spread.

At this step, the bottom is neatly finished and the top needs attention. I reverse the process, folding down the comforter and spread, arranging the top ends of sheets and pillows, then pulling up the spread and comforter (tucking and straightening). Add any shams or pillows and
voilĂ .

It takes me half the time it used to take to make the bed in the morning. What's that saying about old dogs and new tricks?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can kind of imagine how this is done, but it would be better if I had a hands on demonstration... on a bed I've just vacated.

Does this suggest ROADTRIP??!

RANGER said...

Yes it does, come on down!

Zeta said...

Sheet toss, two seconds, Comforter toss three seconds, bed is done. No peeking underneath after completed task, priceless.

Big Ed said...

Then there are those of us that don't touch the bed but for every once in a while.

Zeta said...

I see, just as you did many moons ago. Nothing has changed. heheehh.