Saturday, February 2, 2008

The contest, tomorrow ...

We have plans to watch the Super Bowl from a warm place. No, not Arizona: our own living room. Not too warm, air conditioning willing. One would think our interest assumed a personal stake in the outcome. Not really, just the eighteen and oh record on the line.

In previous years, I have recorded the SB game and then fast-forwarded from commercial to commercial. This year, having watched the playoff semifinals, I think I'll sit still for the whole thing. But yet, those commercials may be worth watching more than once.

So, I'll set the DVR, just in case ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We too are planning to watch the game - and look for Shula and any of the '72 Dolphins who may be in attendance at this run at the old undefeated record. (Remember "my man, Howard Twilley")

Still - if the record falls, we can always say that *the 1972 Dolphins first accomplished the remarkable undefeated season* and their record stood for 36 years.

I'm still rooting for the Giants. I like Manning!

Zeta said...

I remember the '72 game even though I was a bit younger then. If my memory serves correct, we were at Mommes’s house in her living room. She also had a small TV on her kitchen table which I would watch when the adult programs were not fun entertainment for me.