Monday, September 21, 2009

Wielding an alligator . . .

The Alligator Lopper: Chain saw for the non-chain saw user. It grips. It bites. It demolishes. It spits sawdust. It is altogether satisfactory.

BigEd, wielding the lopper, has been a deadly force to our hibiscus hedges, small palm trees, and overgrowth.
The only thing that refuses to bow to its superior power is a tree with full girth, such as our sickly palm which reached full adulthood before developing the blight. Still, the fronds are destined for lopping.

And then, we'll see . . .

4 comments:

Big Ed said...

Yes, I can feel the burn in my shoulders and arms from lifting the lopper. I am sore all over from trimming, cutting, and demolishing the yard. It would have cost us a thousand bucks to clean it all out. Yay, it's over.

ol Doc said...

I had to go take a look at what a Lopper is. It does resemble an Alligator, I guess. Looks kind of fun to use. I'd buy one if BigEd would come and do lopping in this. end of the state.

:)

Big Ed said...

It would kill me.

ol Doc said...

You're thinking Pecan Trees. I'm looking at shrubs. Small shrubs. Not too far over my head at any rate. Maybe we'll buy a Lopper and a Ladder!