Monday, January 25, 2010

Game over?

It's almost 10 pm and it feels like midnight. This day has slipped by without my doing much else than folding four towels and cooking dinner. Well, no, I ran the dishwasher, emptied it and ran it again.

Plus I buttoned J's shirt for him. He cut his left thumb near the tip and discovered that he uses that digit for buttoning up. I volunteered for duty and suppose it will be mine until he heals.

BigEd went to the library and picked up four books that were being held for me. He took back five so I am down one. Or one to the good, not sure.

There is some cheering going on from the living room. The Heat have three minutes left to play. After the game, I am going to catch Castle on the DVR

I love fast forwarding through the commercials. Heh . . .


5 comments:

Big Ed said...

It feels funny right now not having a book to read myself. I read three books last year, maybe more. One was finished up just before my birthday, but was mainly read through out the remaining of last year. This is all besides the bible that is that I read each night. I got a new bible for Christmas, The New King James Bible, I've started reading that one. All together with the many versions of bibles I have I don't know how many times I have read the bible all the way through.

Zeta said...

We love to fast forward through the commercials, too. Sometimes we pass the start spot and have to rewind a bit.

I've got Steno books to read BigEd if you wish. You might find them a bit strange. The New King James Bible version would be much more enjoyable. Enjoy your reading.

Zeta said...

Hope J. aka D. feels better soon. I miss my thumb as well when I cut myself on a folder at work.

RANGER said...

J has kept it dry and it is sealed and healing.

ol Doc said...

We hope J. is not missing his digit too awfully much. Can you imagine what Elissa has gone through without even a pointer and long fingers to pick stuff up?