Friday, January 8, 2010

Special (unlock) delivery . . .

When the phone rang to request that an item be collected at someone's home and delivered to their workplace, I was happy to do it and get out of the house. The weather was cooperative and traffic was light.

While leaving the collection point, it was difficult to juggle my purse, phone, keys, sunglasses, and the box, so I put the box down on a table just by the door. Outside, I locked up and then realized the thing I had been sent to fetch was on the other side of the door, on the table.

It finally arrived safely and so did I, back home to find dinner ready. It was lucky that I arrived in time to rescue some prime leftovers. It is possible that they were close to being placed on the endangered list.

A dinner saved is a dinner earned, so to speak . . .

1 comment:

Big Ed said...

How many times have I done that and juggled things the wrong way. As for dinner, we have a policy directly from J. that dinner is to had "grab and growl." So, one can be left out, there are other resources of food to be had. No one starves, yet.