Friday, April 9, 2010

Four hour nap . . .

Surprises come from any direction. Real ones. Expected surprises come from having reality meet expectations at times. Perhaps the least welcome surprise is the one during which eyelids snap open in the dark and refuse to relax.

Last night I read myself into sleepiness and barely managed to set aside the book and turn off the light. I expected an immediate drop off. Instead, my eyes opened and I realized that for some reason I was wide awake again.

After an honest attempt to drift off, I got up and decided to watch some DVR recordings. DVRed? Is that even a verb?

At four this morning, sneaking on little fog feet, sleep finally came. And at eight am, J inadvertently woke me up. I must have heard his eyelids open, or something.

I would not say that I am cranky this morning.

But others might . . .

3 comments:

ol Doc said...

Been there. Done that Don't care to go there again. Pillow feels hot. Cover gets heavy. Snoring from the other half of the bed makes me irritated. If I can't sleep, why should... then the air kicks on and I get cold. Pull up the blanket and suddenly I'm waking up in the morning wrapped up snug and warm.

Big Ed said...

I might take a while to fall asleep sometimes, but generally I'm knocked out.

Zeta said...

There are weeks I sleep without any problems. Then there are a select mights I can't sleep very well. Plenty Coffee keeps me awake on these particlar days. Sleep and restful sleep.....sleep....sleep....