Monday, September 20, 2010

Wash your hands, after . . .

When the urge strikes to clean something, I had better act quickly before the urge passes. When the urge is to vacuum, special speed is necessary because that urge can be really fleeting, sometimes.

Today, the upright just wanted to move the surface dust around and not ingest it. The little red light which indicates that there is still dirt left to be cleaned up refused to turn green even when not down on the rug at all.

This indicates a blockage if you think about it. I mean, nothing was supposed to be passing through but air. We weren't even having plain air move through.

I won't go through the details of digging into the innards and pulling out clogged rug dandruff. The last thing to be freed was a stiff but mangled piece of black wire about 3 and a half inches long.

Who in the world would have run over a wire? It would have been hard to see, though. Might even have been me, although as the official vacuum cleaner clog-wrangler, I try to pick up those little things which can lodge in its throat.

The indicator light works with its two default colors, now. The green phase tells me that there is nothing else the vacuum can do for me right there, right now. Move on, it says.

And I have . . .

4 comments:

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

I admit - I actually think vacuum cleaners are a huge lie. 'Cause no matter how many times I vacuum, there's always stuff left on the floor. And you'd think we'd have the technology by now to successful suck things up.

But apparently not.

ol Doc said...

I'm going to get a Roomba. As soon as I replace my 70's shag.

RANGER said...

Roomba would be a good reason for putting in hardwood floors unless you remember having to clean and Bruce-wax 'em.

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you