Friday, March 14, 2008

Freezer absolution ...

Not being sure what woke me at 5 this morning, I assumed it was guilt. I had been meaning to use the two thin chuck roasts (bone in) that I knew were in the freezer. I had not packaged them with the vacuum sealer because I meant to cook them right away. Good intentions. Roads paved with them. Associated guilt.

I used slow cooker magic: fingerling carrots, tiny potatoes, fresh onions, onion powder, Bayou seasoning, one hour on high then 6 and a half hours on low, with no additional liquid. The veggies cooked in the essence that escaped from the beef.

Believe me, the guilt is gone ...

1 comment:

Zeta said...

Wow, this was the meal my family ate on Thursday. Great minds think the same. OK, I fess up; you gave the recipe with the slow cooker as a present. Many hours of good cooking followed.