Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Front row or nosebleed seats?

Today is the day to have an appointment or have the need to travel. Yesterday was so stormy that the front door actually got soaked clear to the top. For that to happen it has to rain sideways from the north or vicinity.

Yesterday evening Zeta asked if we had waterfront property. I said yes but that we didn't need to install a dock yet. The Javier Souto drains (I have named them after the city commissioner who pushed for the installation of drains) still took care of the overflow. Eventually.

Today is the kind of day tourists pray for when they make their hotel reservations. We will just see if it lasts until Sunday. I asked J if we would need to take our jackets to the Super Bowl. He and BigEd just laughed at me.


I don't think they expect it to rain or turn cold inside our living room . . .

6 comments:

ol Doc said...

Oh, wow! For a minute you had me going, there. I thought y'all had sprung for the big tickets and would be attending the game in person. I'se gonna ask if you could get an autograph. It wouldn't matter whose, just an autograph would do. Well, really Manning would do. Or Brees. Who Dat?

RANGER said...

Have you SEEN what the tickets are going for?

As we don't have a corporate sponsor to invite us into a SkyBox, our seats are front row, center, with surround sound, on the couch (with feet up) or in the recliner.

Hmmm, maybe we won't even use the surround. We don't usually turn it on unless we watch a DVD.

Big Ed said...

Yeah, our surround system echo's if we have all speakers on. Kind of a let down.

ol Doc said...

Don't you wish they played the game at the NASCAR track. That way Zeta could get you in the pressbox. Wonder if her credentials would work at Sun Life Stadium.... I'm just sayin'

RANGER said...

Actually, M is the *man* when it comes to racing. Zeta goes with him. While wearing a Danica Patrick tee shirt she encounters the actual Danica Patrick, and is gleeful camper. Hard to beat.

Zeta said...

LOL, I laughed out loud in class. This was very funny. Better go before I am caught not paying attention. Hopefully, Danika will allow me to visit her at the track on Friday when things are slow.