Sunday, November 25, 2007

Goodness ... gracious

A positive thing about reserving books online, for pickup at our library, is that one can delay the date for the books to arrive. A less positive thing is that if one doesn't watch carefully, the reserve date can creep up and guess what?

One can be notified of eight books being held, with two more in transit. If this happens just before a family wedding, with Christmas to follow, one can find oneself in a "so many books, so little time" situation ... with books that can't be renewed because they are on someone else's wait list.

:-O
dear!

3 comments:

Zeta said...

One must choose their favorite reading material in order of preference. Hum, in the past when I was behind on my reading material for a test, it was Starbucks and an all-nighter. As time has gone by, all-nighters are not easy anymore; even with coffee. I usually find myself sleeping on top of my books in the morning.

Anonymous said...

LOL at Zeta! So many books, so little time, such an efficient librarian-person!

Big Ed said...

That is the advantage of not working. I never pulled an all nighter, maybe I made a report or something late one night till three. I always had my wits with me on a test. I would see these students that pulled all nighters and they would look half asleep some of them.