Friday, November 23, 2007

Thank you, Zeta ...


Black Friday.

This year, which is the first time we participated in this post turkey-day sport with full intent and planning, it was by invitation. Zeta and Last Chance (Nordstrom's outlet) seem to have an unadvertised standing appointment on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Zeta shared her enthusiasm with us and so we left the house at 7:35 AM. This meant rising even earlier but that is implied in the statement: "left the house." J declined to take part in this exercise.

I have to say, we had a great time. When we left, Zeta was still finding bargains that were amazing. We would have stayed but my staying power is much less than I had imagined it was.

And
Black Friday?


I never realized that the name is derived from merchants moving their annual bottom lines from being "in the red" to "in the black" on this one day.

Who knew? Probably everyone but me ...

2 comments:

Big Ed said...

I don't enjoy shopping like a girl does. It is like a root canal. Eventually, frustration sets in and you get tired early. I only came out with one item after an hour of searching. The place I went to did not have much in my size. The next step was Dolphin mall; they did not have my size either. So, for the day I did not come out with much. Maybe, I should stick with electronics. That stuff is always popular.

Zeta said...

The Tall shop always has your size and that’s the place to go when you know the to do list must happen. The service is always great, plus their store is always organized. Their merchandise is always of fine quality.