Monday, November 5, 2007

There's water in the tank, can you tell?



This broke a while ago and J asked me to go and buy a new flapper, i.e., the orangey looking thing in the middle of the shot. I took this picture to a plumber supply and, even with this image to refer to, there was a lot of discussion behind the counter as to which one would do the job. I finally came home with a blue one that works just fine.

I was thinking how the digital age has changed our lives. Before being able to take this image along, I might have made several trial and error trips back and forth. When we unhook sound equipment, which is not very often, we take a digital shot to be sure we know how to redo the hookup.

If only people could take a digital shot of life experience and show it to the young'uns.

That might also save some trial and error trips ...

5 comments:

Zeta said...

If you walked into a hardware store and said "I need a do-hick-ee that looks like this" the employee knew you really needed assistance.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the Home Depot commercial where the customer does pantomime and the clerk knows EXACTLY what she's talking about. Now that's the kind of help I need when I shop for - uh terlit tank innards as opposed to what-cha-ma-callits.

Anonymous said...

Obviously, Zeta and 0l Doc are experienced shoppers who use the exact technical terms which eluded me ...

Zeta said...

"The orangey looking thing" fits the lingo just fine.

RANGER said...

Zeta is absolutely right and I stand corrected. I have moderate shopping experience in relation to plumbing, after all.