Friday, November 2, 2007

Home Depot or Lowes, which one?

We went to Home Depot to look for a ceiling fan plus light. I was so impressed by the way the nearest store (on the street named after a bird) has been remodeled and re-organized. Evidently, the threat of Lowes, whose advertising we see locally even if a visit to the store requires us almost to leave the county, is enough to make Homey pull up its sox.

Competition is a wonderful spur. I wonder if all the stores in the semi-tropics are scheduled for a remodel and re-organization?


4 comments:

Zeta said...

Lowes ahhhhh, wonderful home accessories. They carry lots of denim products such a curtains. The Bird store had a snake problem a few years ago and I have a fear of reptiles. By now, the problem is gone; but, I have the idea in back of my mind. Its time to make a fresh start and walk in the front door now that they have remodeled.

Anonymous said...

I am slightly partial to one of those establishments...

Zeta said...

Ask Ranger what I did as a snake was being removed from its cage. My next view was the ceiling of the building I was standing in. Boom. Oh oh. Not a good time to sleep.

RANGER said...

The establishment that Susan is partial to had a sale on hinged storage containers. I bought ten of them. We ah gone o-ganize, shugah!