Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hiding in plain sight ...


Everything but the kitchen sink? Something in the kitchen sink? An April Fool prank? Try door number two. Look inside by the corner.

This morning as I turned on the water in that same kitchen sink, a rapid motion caught my attention. Now, I admit my attention had not been out of bed long and was not fully awake. But still, the only thing that should have been moving in the sink was swirling water.

Focus. Nothing there. Must have been a floater in the eye. Then there was movement again and a tiny lizard revealed itself. Its colored camouflage was as close as it could get to stainless steel. I swear, if it had not foolishly moved, I would have just washed it's tail and left.

It is now outside, having been gently caught and released in the grass. It had a double escape in that Mew didn't know it was there. The mighty hunter has depleted the house supply of lizards.

This little one did not get the word ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this amazing - little guy got as close to stainless in color-matching as possible. I'd like to see anybody on HGTV do any better than that!

Anonymous said...

oops, I double clicked....:)

Big Ed said...

When the cat read all this she gave us the Look. Hmmmm

RANGER said...

'ats okay o1 doc. All is blended into the background. I learned from the little invader.