Sunday, April 6, 2008

I know, I know ...

I have to admit it. I didn't give them enough time. Although the weather people predicted afternoon T-showers, tonight was when they came. After dark. Almost after some peoples' curfews.

Around 9:45, well after dark, I am sure the fronds were wet. They could not drip, however, because the wind was blowing the rain sideways. Rain blew on, over, and then away from the palm fronds. It may have carried into the next county before hitting the ground. We did get some from the previous county. It blew hard enough for me to decide to put new batteries into a dead flashlight.

That alone kept the power from going out ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there a law about this stuff? If you put new batteries in the flashlight but water the lawn - you've got the best of all possible worlds. It will rain but the power will stay on.

On the other hand, if you attach an air pump to your riding bike, you will certainly have a flat tire at some point in the trip. And if you put an extra thickly padded saddle on the seat - you will run over every No Parking button or triangle along the route.