Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fresh canned . . .

The good news is that this blog was not one of those classified as spam by Blogger. There was a slight meltdown and lots (a specific term) of sites suffered that fate. Blogger openly acknowledges this situation and says it is now all better. They also state that if it's not all better, let them know. Heh.

The bad news is that I like spam. The canned sort. Am I strange to occasionally crave a slice of fried mystery meat? Probably. I call it fried when one can place a slice or two in a dry, non-stick pan and it will generate enough of its own juice to turn itself a golden brown. The flavor changes when treated that way, much as frying chicken changes its flavor.

And no, I haven't eaten fresh, raw chicken to make a comparison . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T. likes Spam fried or not. Sandwiched on white bread or toast. I think he ate loads of the wartime wonder as a kid. I like it, too. We haven't had any for a while. Hmmm... tomorrow is our shopping day. Where's that list...

RANGER said...

I don't feel so lonely. J eats spam but Big Ed gives it a pass. It's an occasional thing, no?