Thursday, March 19, 2009

Typical, just typical . . .

We bought some plain yogurt for Mew. She likes stolen whipped cream products (the only way to get them is for her to steal from us) so I thought she would be okay with the yogurt. Bluegrass Mama said her own cat loved it . . .

I let her smell it and put a little on her plate. She refused to even try it. So, I put a little smear of it on top of her forepaw to see if the taste would persuade her. She licked it, shook the forepaw, shivered her back fur, and walked away.

Each time she lifted a paw to take a step, including the rear paws, she shook the whole leg hard and shivered her fur.

The only thing she didn't try to do was bury it. I guess I will have to eat it myself.

4 comments:

Bluegrass Mama said...

Sorry it didn't work for Mew! She obviously has a sweet tooth.

Anonymous said...

Has Mew gotten over her odd walking gait, yet? I can just see her step-shake, step-shaking. I mean it was a milk product. Ain't like y'all were trying to kill her. Some kitties you just can't persuade to try new things.

RANGER said...

Bluegrass Mama has it right, I think. Mew has a sweet tooth. We should have known. She loves Werther's hard caramel candies. If she can steal one, she chews off the paper, discards it, and then licks the candy until it is absolutely flat. Really sticks to the rug, too.

01Doc, her gait has reverted. I think she just wanted to be sure we got the message about plain yogurt. Our mistake was probably not eating it in front of her, ourselves, smacking and going mm-mmm. She'll usually try to get some of what we have, if allowed. She's not allowed but she's not convinced of that, either.

Anonymous said...

great read. I would love to follow you on twitter.