Thursday, July 2, 2009

Let there be (flash) light . . .

Zeta was saying the other day that she's going to start stocking up on hurricane supplies. I have already started: two tuna pouches. Does that count?

We use more AA batteries than one would think. Between the digital camera which eats them like candy and remotes getting weak, ours don't last long enough to age in the giant package from the big box store. But D cells? That's a different story. We have some that are two years old. They are old enough to toddle around and order their own happy meals.

As soon as the beams of the flashlights turn faint, I pop in new D's in an effort to use them up. Perhaps I should just let them leave the nest on their own . . .

3 comments:

ol Doc said...

We had two tuna packs. We ate one.
Fewer things to be blown away if a big storm comes; that's how we look at it.

Zeta said...

I bought one tuna back and we ate half. Next time, i'll buy two packs.

RANGER said...

You both worry me - eating up half of your hurricane supplies. I may even buy one more tuna pouch! I want to be really prepared. :)