Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Never satisfied . . .

Being a dinosaur, I do not use RSS feeds. I may be the last remaining person on the planet who prefers to surf to my virtual destinations and see for myself whether someone has recently posted.

I use twitter in a limited fashion. I have an account on facebook but
seldom check it. I prefer a good book to good television (there's always the DVR, anyway).

But, there is one piece of technology for which I long. For which I wish avidly. It is U-verse from ATT.

We currently have Comcast Cable. With our one Comcast DVR, we can record two things at once. But, while recording, we can not watch a third program unless it is a previously made DVR recording. We can't watch something from the ON DEMAND list while making any recordings at all.

U-verse allows four (not two) things to be recorded at the same time. The best feature is that anyone can watch any recording from any other set in the house, manipulating the recording as one pleases with pause, rewind, or fast forward. This is done without regard for whether someone else is doing the same things to the same recorded program.

Eventually U-verse is coming to our neighborhood.

Please AT&T, I would like it sooner than that . . .

7 comments:

Bluegrass Mama said...

I would be lost without Google Reader and my RSS feeds. I log onto Facebook at least a couple of times a day.

But I refuse to get a Twitter account.

Even more dinosaur-esque, on the rare occasions when I want to record something on TV, I use a VCR. I may change over once all my videotapes wear out. For now, I'm too cheap to upgrade.

RANGER said...

We replaced two small, aged, tv sets in bedrooms with the new Hi Def LCDs. This created a mixed experience what with the other sets being dinosaurs, themselves. We also have VCRs remaining - still hooked up but seldom used.

Zeta said...

At least you have cable....We are without local and HD channels. Comcast can't figure out why and will be by Thursday morning to repair their equipment. This has been going on since Tuesday. Thursday morning was the closest appt they had to offer. We even connected the TV straight to the box for cannels 1 to 79. Yeah, ok still does not work. Hum, many problems, I see. U-verse, where are you!!!!?????........

ol Doc said...

At least you guys have a high speed connection to the internet. We're still dial-up and the nearest connection to DSL is about 6 miles north of us. Sometimes, I think we should just move.....

And our VCR went out with the last lightening strike near the house. It is blinking. That's all we can get it to do. Makes a nice intermittent night light.

Zeta said...

LOL. I feel a little better.

RANGER said...

01 Doc: If you time your eye-blinks to the VCR flashes . . .

ol Doc said...

Tried that. Had small siezure. Don't think we'll do that any more....