Friday, August 7, 2009

From the twilight zone . . .

As I got older, I developed a head of hair that reacts in a strange way to salon products. De-tangler makes it lie totally flat. Root lifter takes away any body that it might have possessed. I can not persuade new-to-me hair stylists of this fact. I take along with me the product that I found works best. They use it but they also sneak in some de-tangler which defeats the purpose. Then they struggle to create an effect that does not fall over my eyes if I tilt my head down.

It takes me two shampoos to return to what passes for normal. Right now, my hair is so light and airy that I might as well be on the space station. Gravity has little effect on this result. Wisps float around when I turn my head. Hairspray slides away from it as if repelled. If it isn't floating around, it is hanging straight down or flipping sideways instead of turning under.

It is so annoying. Next time I need a trim, I will make the stylist swear that she will not try to de-tangle me.

I am not exaggerating. Much . . .

5 comments:

Zeta said...

An option is to tell the hair stylist that the product you brought with you is the only one you are not allergic to. Your telling the truth in a language which will be understood. If the hair stylist ask why then you can tell them you do not have an reaction to this particular product.

RANGER said...

That's clever. I will have to remember that one. It is not too far off the mark, either. I am allergic to flat, limp, flyaway hair . . .

Zeta said...

LOL, me too.

ol Doc said...

I'm ROFLOL with a sack over my head to hide the tangles I get with the hairspray I got last time.

RANGER said...

I wish. Tangling is the furthest thing from my head's intention. Whee, fly away, be free . . .