Monday, April 20, 2009

Flying . . .

S-the-Guru has grown up and got himself married while I wasn't looking. Yes I was there through most of that process. But, when he came over to work with our router setup, he was so competent and sure. I really don't like the word mature. It sounds a bit stodgy and staid to my ear. But he is mature now and is living proof that mature can be a dynamic status. He seems to enjoy where he is at this point in his life and I am so happy for him.

I was struck by how he has changed since he was the little guy I used to take to Tropical Elementary in the mornings. Or, later, watch while he orchestrated his Eagle Scout project and achieved that rank.

All eagles were fledglings once. Zeta and M did a good job. It is satisfying to see how an eagle can soar when the wings are spread and the wind comes . . .

2 comments:

Zeta said...

Thank you. He was raised by a handful of family members who drove him to and from different schools. Supplied meals and lunch money. Encouraged him to expand his wings so he could grow. Yes, we all did a great job.

ol Doc said...

Aye, but he had the seed within himself to be all that he is today. It's good to see how he turned out and how proud and pleased his family is of all he has accomplished so far. Looking forward to the rest of the story.....