Thursday, April 16, 2009

Listen, just listen . . .

I have been living under a rock, one would think. Over the past few days, I have caught brief references to a Scots singer named Susan Boyle. This evening's news aired just a brief phrase from the performance that made her famous at her initial Britain's Got Talent appearance.

You Tube offers the entire performance including the skeptical expressions of the judges before she began to sing.

When she ended, I was in tears. What a voice. I surely do want to hear more from her.

As I said, under a rock . . .

3 comments:

ol Doc said...

I caught so some of her performance on the news and was wishing I'd seen it as it happened. Simon Cowles' eyebrows nearly met his headline and all the jaded expressions changed to surprise and amazement as the lady opened her mouth and out poured the the lovely sounds. What a talent. She maybe needs to do somm'at about those little caterpillars above her eyes.....

They say Simon has given her a contract with his recording company already.

Zeta said...

Yes, it was wonderful. I had tears in my eyes from being bewildered.

RANGER said...

o1 Doc: Trust Simon to see the bottom line of putting such a talent under contract while the stars are still in her eyes and, maybe, before she has an agent.

Zeta: I think bewildered is a good way to explain it. Listening to her for the first time is like winding a Jack-in-the-Box toy and getting a symphonic orchestra's sound out of it when it pops open.

I kept thinking, "Good for her, oh goood for her."