Monday, October 8, 2007

At the curb ...

I called S, our computer's guru, to tell him that a windows box had magically appeared that said our computer is locked. It wanted me to input the password. I followed his instructions and the computer opened like a flower. The box kept returning after the screen saver came on. That was a clue. I recognized it as one. I finally followed it.

While setting the screen saver to show nothing but pictures of Mew, I had inadvertently checked the box in front of the following sentence:
On resume, password protect

These computers are so literal minded ... GI, GO. It was the nut behind the keyboard.

4 comments:

Zeta said...

No worries, this type of situation happens to me all the time. The guru has mentioned to me several times that hitting (light tap) the lap top is not going to help me solve the problem.

RANGER said...

I never thought to give the computer a slight attitude check (light tap) to the CPU. There have been times when I felt like belting it a good one, however.

Big Ed said...

I thought the computer finally lost it. Time to call the old computer folks home and send it to the pasture and get a new model, kinda like a trophy wife.

Anonymous said...

I always threaten to give the CPU the standard "drop test"... from about 4 feet high!