Friday, October 19, 2007

Your books are ready ...

Today is Friday and has seemed like a Saturday much of the day. I am pleased that I remembered that the branch library which we frequent is closed on Fridays. The automated system likes to telephone me on Fridays to let me know to come and pick up the newest arrival(s). It did that again today. Ahh, I will wait until tomorrow to visit.

This would be unlike last Friday, when Big E offered to go and pick up books that were being held for both of us and I gave him my card. He came home without them and was amused because the library had called (again) on the day our branch was closed.

The automated system never sleeps ... well, perhaps it takes the occasional nap during a hurricane.

3 comments:

Zeta said...

To Whom It May Concern:

Your automated system called my house and told me my books were waiting for me. When I arrived to the library, the books were incarcerated. The preponderance of evidence sign on the door told me the books could not be released until the employees, keys, and lights had appeared inside. Your automated system did not tell the truth under oath and should be held in contempt. My driver was left to believe beyond a reasonable doubt, the automated system was at fault.

Sincerely yours,
Devoted Reader

Zeta said...

Maybe a letter requesting the library add Friday to the days of the week in which service can be rendered to readers for the weekend.

RANGER said...

I think we might have to choose another day for them to be closed if they allowed us to make them stay open on Friday. Is it a coincidence that the books arrive late Thursday? Perhaps ...