Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm gon' build me a boat ...

Printed with ol doc's permission, this rain gauge illustrates the amount of rain that accumulated on their property in about 24 hours. I love the theme of the device which is that particular vessel which carried pairs of animals for Noah. Click to see more detail, it is really cute.

The gauge has collected nearly four and a half inches of water. No wonder it looks a little soggy around it. I would, too.

This is our second day of summer, low 90's, no rain, locally, except what falls from one's brow.

The MAN scheduled to repair our bedroom A/C is not here as of 3 p.m.
I was told that we are his second call when I telephoned.

His first call must be a lulu. I don't want to consider the alternative ....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must have had to call for a crane to remove his first compressor from a roof on a 14 story building. That'll delay an AC guy every time. Either that his bologna sandwich fell mustard side down. Oh, wait - this is an AC repairman - Okay, so his Veal Cordon Bleu slipped off the warming tray....

RANGER said...

When The MAN came, at about 20 minutes to five, he said we were his fourth call and that he had two more to get through before he was finished. I guess the telephone technicians, possibly talking to me from Pakistan, were not clued in.

This gentleman was so pleasant to deal with, and knowledgeable, that I should feel guilty for my suspicious thoughts, earlier in the day.

Ol doc, have you ever had Veal Cordon Bleu? I ordered fish at a banquet once, and was served someone else's veal. I ate it so as not to make a fuss. Also because it was absolutely delicious. The Cordon Bleu part, I couldn't swear to, though.

Big Ed said...

I never knew a thing, I was out making a sale. Honest, I didn't talk to this guy. He acts like me. Sometimes, I don't make to to my appointments. I try to make it up to call them for future appointments though. I tell them they are a priority(Snicker). If I make a sale, I won't get to them again till next time. Oh, well.

Zeta said...

Hum, I wonder if Starbucks coffee would have inspired him to show up on time. Starbucks, OK, I'm on my way.

Anonymous said...

Ol Doc has had both Veal Cordon Bleu and Veal Parmegiana. Both loverly to allow to dance over the tongue and slide happily down the throat to tummy-land. 's been a while, though. (Sigh)