Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Not a Roomba in the bunch ...

The truck went to Home Depot. It brought home some plywood and a ceiling fan. A comforter went with it so as not to scratch the loadbed. The truck was not strained to carry the load. I can't say the same for the loaders/unloaders.

Some of our possessions have minds of their own and the bedroom A/C went on vacation last night. The fan was still working but the compressor was away from the office.

On Friday, the man, the Man, the MAN is scheduled to appear and, we hope, will not tell us that the news is terminal . The MAN makes his own schedule so we are scheduled to wait from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lucky us.

It is not as dreadful as it sounds. A fan in the bedroom doorway pulls air from the main unit and makes sleeping bearable. But, still ....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps THE MAN can be bribed with offerings of Starbucks coffee and Banana Bread? It's worth a shot for cold air!

Zeta said...

A WOMEN can be bribed with offerings too. I'll fix the a/c after I receive the Starbucks coffee and Banana Nut Bread! Is experience required? Yes.....oh...ops never mind.

Zeta said...

Side to Big Ed. Mew looked tired this morning and it is my guess you went to bed late last night. She was falling asleep while enjoying a few rounds of play-time with me.

Anonymous said...

Well, humph! Some folks would stand in the doorway and blow cold air over an ice cube - for Starbucks and Banana Bread. If they only HAD a Starbucks open where they live. Soon, though. Soon!

RANGER said...

I'd have paid good money to have someone blow air, over an ice cube, at me when the air compressor went out without permission.

Tomorrow, tomorrow ....

Big Ed said...

Yes, I came home around midnight last night and stayed awake till one am. She, Mew, really wanted to sleep when I showed up. So, I kept her awake a little longer.

Zeta said...

Ooooohhhhh, the kitty needs her beauty sleep.