Saturday, June 30, 2007

Personal digital ...

When I retired, I had to buy my own cell phone for the first time. In those prehistoric days, an AT&T contract seemed to offer the best deal in our area.

Time passed, then they morphed into Cingular. I hung out with the AT&T contract longer than Cingular thought possible. Because I refused to migrate to Cingular for so long, they finally offered me 200 additional bonus minutes to join up.

Hey, free being good, and my mobile phone no longer AT&T-replaceable, I consulted Zeta's M about it. M is the phone guru. He 'splained about the benefits of rollover in conjunction with mobile-to mobile free minutes. Yay, Cingular.

Belatedly, E and I both switched over.
As of today, my Cingular account shows 5,341 rollover minutes. Then again, Cingular has morphed back into AT&T.

My cellular phone is chasing its tail ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My contract-less AT&T nee Cingular nee CellularOne account has informed me that my Nokia brand phone becomes OBSOLETE at the end of July. Does yer phone guru have any thoughts on a replacement model and what type contract I'll being forced to buy?

Zeta said...

The options for my new cell phone upgrade was mentioned in a letter when my cellular phone became obsolete several years ago. My contract stayed in tack, and all I had to do was take my phone to Cingular store for the exchange. The Cingular employee transferred all of my private phone numbers for a $5.00 fee. The phone upgrade I believe cost around $35.00. I was very happy with the new phone upgrade after trying to figure out to use my new phone for a couple of weeks. The phone guru was not aware of the nokia phone obsolete changes. He suggested that you call your cellular company and request more information which you are entitled to. Most cellular phone transactions are taken place with the US Mail. Ste. new phone was exchanged last week because the speaker stopped working, and all he had to do was mail the older phone back to them after he received the new phone. All of the US Mail postage was paid by Cingular for both of these transactions. Hopefully, you can take the SIM card out of your old phone to use in your new phone.

Big Ed said...

I don't know all the features as it is on my phone. I haven’t read all the directions and, I just haven’t had to time to do so. What I do know about the phone keeps me going. I seem to know enough to be literate in its phone use.

RANGER said...

O1 doc: let us know how your phone situation turns out, okay? I do like the free mobile-to-mobile feature. I wonder if new AT&T contracts are similar? I should go look ....