Wednesday, April 11, 2007

All last night, we had a soaking rain which was appreciated by us and our vegetation. Other beings did not appreciate the rain in the same way.

This morning I was leaving through the front door, keys and list in hand, when I encountered some wildlife which was just climbing up the step to the porch. I exclaimed and stepped back. So did she ... well, she hissed. After making a sharp left, she marched away at top waddle speed.

Because I had exclaimed rather loudly and at some length, J came out to help me look around and found a soaking-wet baby in the front bushes, instead of the mature specimen I had encountered.

Mama must have taken it to a safer, and certainly more dry, place. They were gone when I got back home.

Before I left, the baby posed for a picture ....

No comments: