Thursday, July 19, 2007

Attention please ...


While we were in Orange Park, we received a parking ticket. We
had neglected to display the parking permit for the special space we were occupying. (Not specifying what kind of space it was, you understand.)

There are hoops to jump through while protesting the penalty for this stupidity lapse of common sense. Jumping through them will be a strong reminder not to do it again.

Finally, we received a letter from the Clerk of the Court, up yonder. They had reviewed the case. I hadn’t known we had one. "Case" sounds serious.

The letter said our case was dismissed. Case? Dismissed?

There really should be separate terminology for a simple parking violation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have used my hang tag so much the little clip on plastic area has bent and broke and snapped off. Still, it works.

Sounds like the Clerks' Office read between the lines and since you really truely had the placard, they dismissed the parking in the space without authorization.

Nice of them.

RANGER said...

The case actually went before a judge, according to the paperwork.

In the County Court of the Fourth Judicial Circuit, in and for "Blank County," "Blank State."

It also showed: State vs Defendant and was signed by the judge. Overkill, I thought. Also am grateful for the dismissal.

One of the hoops to jump through was a signed and notarized affidavit. The office up there was helpful and advised me how to proceed.

Big Ed said...

This should never have happened. If I was there I would have remembered to put up the hang tag. I’m very good at those sort of things. I get paranoid parking with out the hang tag. Very nice of them to dismiss the case.

Zeta said...

Estimating how much money to place in the meter to avoid a ticket is my problem.

"How much time will we need to eat in the restaurant that we are about to walk to? Are we parked closed enough to walk back if we do not place enough change in the meter? Will our order be cooked right away where I can get back to the meter before it runs out?"