Thursday, July 12, 2007

Puzzled ...

I left early today, before the computer was even turned on. When I got home from the eye appointment, I tried to copy the crossword puzzle. We each like our own copy. J and I prefer ours enlarged. Scan it into Paint, tweak a bit and there you go: large puzzle. E doesn't care what size his is.

J put the newspaper page on the scanner's deck and hit the button to boot us up. We both left the computer to its own muttering devices. The monitor was dark when I wandered back by it.

"Did you turn the computer off?" I asked J.

Strange, E had asked him the same question while I was gone. Not a good omen for surfing.

I called zeta who contacted S for us. He said he would come by after work. Since he built this computer, he is its guru. And mine.

Then, the stunned brain kicked in and we tried the extra monitor from storage in the spare bedroom. The computer liked the change.
Zeta kindly let S know that his baby, or one of them anyway, was in operation again.

Sooo, it's not the graphics card. Considering the size of the replacement monitor, I'd almost rather it had been the card. That would have been a step up.

This smaller monitor is definitely not ....


5 comments:

Big Ed said...

Actually, I'm comfortable in the herd. I like my crossword puzzle just like everybody else's crossword. It is just that I don't care if everybody else's is in small print.

Anonymous said...

Do you do the thing in ink or pencil?

Big Ed said...

Ink of course(snicker).

Big Ed said...

We write in blue eraser ink.

Zeta said...

Ok, tell the truth. All of you use a pen and are proud of this quality.