Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Not Jojo, the other one ...

I went to the store for milk and Eggo waffles. The Eggo's were a special request. I needed the milk for my coffee. I'm the only family member who drinks a homemade latte by preference.

The coffee is from Starbucks, and was part of a gift to J, from Zeta and M. I love those events where one of us receives the brown beans. It really
is the gift that keeps on giving.

We ripped off the idea for
our own coffee maker from Zeta and M, too. The one they have grinds the beans and drops the coffee into a filter before brewing starts. We waited until a one-day-sale came out and pounced on one like theirs.

J fills the pot with water, I fill the bean reservoir and change the water filter as needed. I marked the kitchen calendar when the old filter expires. It's that important an event.

For a wonder, I didn't forget to buy the milk ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the machine hiss and gurgle and steam or does a Latte not require all the sound effects. We're painfully ignorant of the various drinks available at coffee establishments, having only gotten our first Starbucks this year.

RANGER said...

I call it a latte. It tastes like one.

For home consumption: half a cup of Starbucks fresh-ground, just-brewed coffee, or a bit more than half. Complete filling your cup with milk. Microwave for 30-40 seconds. No foam and no hissing, but also no mess.

Two envelopes of Splenda go in the cup before the hot coffee and voila, no dirty spoon either. It stirs itself as you add things to it.

I said I was the only one but AA likes this, too.

At Starbucks counter, a caramel macciato is primo. But also mostly verboten. They will use Splenda for you but the caramel syrup ... oh well. Have a no sugar slice of banana bread to offset the sweetness. That'll work, no?

Zeta said...

Good news. Starbucks now has sugar free syrup for the coffee of your choice too. Sugar free banana bread is so good. Hum. Latte, here I go. Gulp, gulp, gulp.

RANGER said...

Oh, bearer of good news! I have to try this without-sugar syrup. Life is getting more friendly to us sugar-watching types.