Sunday, July 15, 2007

Take a break ...


This is the month of the breakdown breakdance. Air conditioner repair, automobile battery replacement, you name it. The van had its own moment of drama when E went out to start it. The engine refused to turn over, much less get out of bed and go for a run.

E took its battery to the same place that he had taken the battery to the car, with the same result: a replacement battery, under the guarantee. So far, the cost for all the repairs and replacements amounts to $1.50. Not complaining mind you. Just nonplussed that July is so active a month for rebellion on the part of mechanical entities and for so little financial penalty.

Don't give me a break. Please ...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's not the heat, it's the humidity. That or Al-Queada.

RANGER said...

I agree, the tentacles are everywhere. (Twilight Zone theme music inserted here ...)

Zeta said...

Yes, this evening, I have taken a break. No school, no work, no yoga, Just me and my dinner. It feels very nice.