Monday, July 23, 2007

Sorry it's over ... or is it?

The best thing about finishing a book is that one can ponder over the ending. The worst thing is that one knows how it ended: a paradox worthy of a Hogwarts graduate.

The final door in the 7th HP book is not as tightly closed as it might have been. There are 19 years worth of material that the reader must infer, before the actual
dénouement
. And what about the next term at Hogwarts?

I have a privately held suspicion that the last of it is not ....



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next best thing about finishing a book is that one can talk it over with fellow readers. Then one can look forward to the movie. Okay, movies!

Zeta said...

All of my reading materials are located in the world of Steno until I finish the program. Hopefully, cha ching will be awarded for all of my efforts.

Anonymous said...

World of Steno... isn't that the last planet from the Sun - a place with itty-bitty sunsets and a dim memory of Starbucks Coffee sitting in cold containers. I could be wrong, though.....

Zeta said...

Yes, in the World of Steno, dim memories of Starbucks are always on our minds no matter what we are typing.

RANGER said...

Speaking of that good coffee, I have two mugs, at present. One is not mine ... I think it belongs in the World of Steno.

Zeta said...

Be right over.